Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Losing my religion - A conclusion

Here is my conclusion on the matter.

I have abandoned the Institutional Church.

I believe that the Church is those at all times and all places those who Know Jesus and Jesus knows them. While I will occasionally visit a 'church service' I will seek instead to 'be the church' and live for Jesus.

I will accept the Bible as the sole basis of authority and final arbitrator in my life, and will lean on the coucil of some few trusted Christians. I will seek the guidance and instruction of the Holy Spirit, and as a rule believe what has always been believed at all times and in all places by all Christians.

I will take the view of worthies Like George when he said:

But it just confirms the feelings I had in my gut, particularly when I said things like " you can take the Protestant out of Protestantism but you can't take the Protestantism out of the Protestant." That you and I are restlous souls who won't feel at home this side of Heaven. We go out into new territory and we see the beauty in these lands and we learn. But we take what we learn and we move on. And in the next land we visit we can teach those of the beauty that we learned of in our previous journies while we learn of new beauty from them...

I will stick with the contention, as stated by Fr. Robert Farrar Capon that Christianity is a Relationship with the Risen Christ, and not a religion.

Love you guys.

Thanks again.

I'shalom

LOVE4THEWORD





<< Home