Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Disconnect

First, an update.

Back on insulin, 3 shots a day, and also taking oral meds. Good news though, my sugars coming down. I've had readings as good as 119 & 142. Also, the readings are down in the 200's now, when last week they were in the 400s and high 300s.

Thanks for your prayers. Also, the Doctor wants me to stop taking the insulin soon. So all looks well.

Alright to the blog at hand:

Went to a service with my bride this past Sunday. Large gathering, at least 400 some people. Huge auditorium, chairs facing the 'stage' (for want of a better term) from front, left & the right.

Opens the same everytime, which is a little of a bummer. Cause it's not a liturgical sameness, but a frustrating 'we know busy-ness during the week prevents us from thinking about God - we come together to calm our minds and think about him' blah blah blah. I worry about a church that forgets so easily in their 'busy-ness' about the reason we breath, the God in whom we 'Live Move & have our being'

I think about God frequently. I have reminders constantly telling me to seek him in the inner sanctuary of my Heart. The Holy Spirit whispers to me in a not audible voice, 'don't act like that' 'forgive them' 'Pray for her'

The disconnect, if you will, comes when I sit there in this pseudo fellowship longing for real fellowship! I especially hate the few minutes devoted to the whole 'turn and greet' thing.

How did we come to this? From the house churches to large auditoriums with professional Christians (who all have to be degreed by the way - how'd it switch like that? From fishermen to the well heeled modern day education equivalient of the pharasees?)

How'd we get here? I miss small church. I miss liturgy. I miss coffee hour. Real fellowship. I don't know any of these people! And the few I do are so busy being friends with other people we don't fit.

Sigh. I long for folk that want to Be the Church.

Pray for me a sinner.

Seraphim





<< Home