Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rescues



Rescues. Are we rescuing them or are they rescuing us? I think it's them that rescued us.

It's ironic. The last dog we rescued forced a move on us. And now, that beautiful boy is gone.

He was a beautiful dog, very gentle, the sweetest boy. Broke his lead and ran across the road and got hit by a land rover. I was driving home, and saw him next to the road, he was still with us, but he soon breathed his last. I jumped out the truck, yelling 'winter!' I laid my hand on him, and he rolled his eye to look at me. And then he was still.

We buried him last nite. I really miss him.

What did he teach me?

Live life daily. With Joy.

In his death? This life is serious. Christianity is not an 'up grade' or an 'add on' or something I do.

It is a transformed life lived large. Lived with the recognition that death can come when we least expect it and to a large extent we are completely powerless against it. But we belong to one who is not powerless over death. And I believe, that Winter is running around heaven at my Master's feet.

And I believe. I believe. I will see him again.





<< Home