Sunday, March 13, 2005

Quirks

I was thinking about my quirks today. Those little idiosyncrasies that make me, well me. Here are the ones I'm 'dealing with/thinking about' today.

When people refer to the building where the Church meets, as the Church.

When people who are now thru the grace of God the House of God, refer to the building they are meeting in, as the House of God.

When people refer to the Holy Spirit as an it, instead of properly as He or Him. The Holy Spirit is the third PERSON of the Trinity.

When folk say "We don't know what Paul's thorn in the flesh was.." When the word says:

"there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me.."

Or when folk say:

"Eye has not seen nor ear heard nor mind can know the great stuff God has in store for us. Wow. Who knows?" (I Corinthians 2:9)

Sigh. Wish folk would read the rest of the story:

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." (I Corinthians 2:10)





<< Home