Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A Tribute to the Russian - plus I cannot believe I voted.....

It's 7:30am Eastern Standard Time...I'm at work almost an hour early (got here 7ish) and I'm still sorta in shock...

I cannot believe I voted. I have not done so since the 80's. I originally registered to vote for the simple reason of ejecting Bush.

I really pretty much despise what he's done with tax cuts for the wealthy, and how he (to me anyway) has shredded the geneva convention along with dragging us thru the mud with his foreign policy.

I was going to stand by my conviction to not vote, to not participate in the electoral process.

Except for two things.

I don't remember exactly what he said, or where he said it (well yes I do, somewhere here on the Ooze) but my brother and friend, the Russian aka Blake Kennedy engaged me in a discussion about voting/not voting and being a Christian in public service etc... and I came away from the conversation convicted about how I thought about being a Christian & an American. (I think he mentioned to me how Paul was a Christian, but also proclaimed to the soldier, "You have done thus to me and I am a Roman Citizen..." And Paul certainly had a better grasp of being a Chrisitan and being Not of this World than I...)

Anyway, that and the quote which has been in my spirit this week.

"All that is required for Evil to Triumph is for Good Men (and women) to go nothing."

It was very difficult deciding whom to vote for. Like I said my original motive for even registering was to vote against Bush. But in the end, it was Bush I ended up voting for.

Yes I think he is bad for the environment. Yes I want, more than ever, for our troops to come home and for the Country to spend as much on Education as on War.

But it came down to speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves. The unborn. Also, it came to my attention recently that while I was born to a 15 year old mother in 1967, what would have happened had that 15 year old mother turned 15 after 1973? (73 was when roe vs. wade was ruled law)...

And yes, I understand that bush isn't truly Pro-Life, in the sence that he is pro-death penalty (which I'm not) and pro war which I'm not... But I think that I have a pretty good shot at avoiding war...and I have a pretty good shot at avoiding having to face capital punishment.... there are choices involved...but the unborn. what choice do they have?

sigh. And I was honestly more concerned with doing something that I would be able to stand behind.

(and if you voted for Kerry, good for you that you voted...I'm not saying anything entended to be judgemental of anyone else).

Now, please join with me in praying that by 5 after midnight tonight, we Know who our next President will be.

Love you all.

A Blessin on your Head!

I'shalom

Love4theWord





<< Home