Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Replaced by a self-proclaimed Satanist

It's been almost 7 days since I started my new job.

It's been a good 7 days, but I've realized that I'd neglected to tell ya'll about who replaced me in my old job, where I had been a dispatcher for inpatient transportation for, the past year on 2nd shift.

A satanist. When she came to work, she had on the ring with a pentacle. I thought, no big deal, probably goth, or wicca. Of course wanting to know, I did what most do not do.

I asked.

I said, so let's get the religion conversation out of the way, the pentacle, upside down on purpose?

yup. she said.

Wiccan? I asked.

Nope. Satanist she said.

ah, okay. Anton LeVay variety or Temple of Set?

(Yes I know about that stuff 'nuther story)

She said, Anton LeVay. I said, well then you aren't a devil worshipper, cause LeVay didn't believe in the Devil. He (and probably you) are more likely just hedonists.

We had a good conversation. What can I say, wierdness abounds.

But why in the world would the God of the Universe have me replaced by a Satanist? What does that mean? Not that it has to have any meaning....

She says she became a Satanist because Church and Christianity weren't attractive to her. No love and nothing that was, you know, real.

I told her thankfully (in a non-degrading way) that I didn't know. I found Christ to be real, but often wished that I found the Church to be equally as real.

She seems to be a nice individual.

What a world. Make me pray, I tell ya.

How long oh Lord? Faithful and True? Are you waiting until the world looks at your church, and can completely no longer see You?

I'shalom

Love4theWord





<< Home