Friday, October 07, 2005

You Can't Run From Heaven

The Jade and I (The Jade is my 9 year old daughter) were watching what I consider a really good movie about life and death and the afterlife "The Five People you meet in Heaven".

We were watching and talking about the movie and when the main character "Eddie Maintenance" (played by Jon Voight) figures out he has died and this is the after life he meets his first person (the blue man) he runs away. Well everywhere he runs, the 'blue man' is there.

Jade looks at me and says, "what's he doing?" I say "He's running away" Jade says, "Why? Doesn't he know you can't run from Heaven?"

Which I thought was really really KOOL!

I'd like to discuss the movie here. I believe that it has universal themes even though it doesn't necessarily have a 'Christian Message'.

Initially I thought it was about universal salvation, but elements in the end made me realize that Charlie spent his life redeeming the mistakes of his past. His story is a Redemptive story.

Thoughts?

Seraphim





<< Home