Friday, November 25, 2005

God's answer to selfish prayers

I found this concept of God talking to us wonderful:

My role in your life

"You pray to me to help you catch the bus on time. To smile on you so you draw the right card on the river. To make a certain plan or a certain day work out right. You pray to me for a lot of things, and most commonly it is with a request. Infrequent lately are the days when you simply say hello. Just a little thought to say that you remember me. Not that it makes that much of a difference. Not in regards to what you ask.

What makes you think that I am concerned about your poker game? What makes you think I am concerned about your picnic? Does it ever occur to you that virtually everything that you would have me give you includes me taking from someone else? And what makes you think you deserve it more?

This world of mine has rules. Rules and laws that every thing in that wold interacts by. Everyone has to follow. You have known what many of these rules were for centuries. Your sciences teach you more of these rules every day. As you learn more of these rules and how everything effects everything else, you should realize how unlikely I am to grant a simple whim of yours. No matter how much you love me or I love you.

This entire world is a complex organism. Everything playing its part to keep everything else in motion, like one great body. My primary concern is obviously for the body, for the body is mine. Within this body is where you operate. As a society I have given you the means to thrive or the means to destroy each other. I have given you the laws that govern how and when you can do either. Now I hear cries that the innocent suffer and I should intervene. Why? Your people suffer at the hands of your people. Why should I interfere? This is your choice. But some of the innocent pay the price. So? Can your toe complain when your whole body succumbs to cancer because it didn't take any part in smoking? No. Neither does it get preferential treatment simply because the other parts of the body didn't care about it. I told you that what you do not find without you will not find within, how else but as I have just explained would I have meant it?

Why do you cry out that I don't do something spectacular for you? If I help you catch that bus, that means I interfered with my own well designed world just for you. Is that not spectacular? Do you claim to deserve more? I wouldn't if I were you.

I don't tell you not to ask me for miracles. I just tell you that you know the rules and can't expect that I will simply toss them out at your request. What should you ask for then? Guidance. This I give all of the time. Ask me to guide you to help yourself within the rules that have been set. If you listen, here I will help you. Here is where the miracles can take place, when you make something of yourself without bending the rules. And when you ask for this guidance, ask with sincerity. Worry about what you are asking for, not what names you use when you ask for it. If you ask for guidance I will give it, whether you aim your request at Jesus, Buddha or a giant Furby. If you ask for miracles, the same result can be expected whether you ask Allah, Amaterasu or Papa Smurf. Know your intentions, be sincere in your request, and no that while I love every one of you, I rank few of you above or below any of the others. In daily life, you are oh so important to me. In a combative stance against my other children, you become the minority.

Behave well. Live well. Say hello more than you say please, and be Blessed in me in all of your endeavors."

From Wanderer's Blog





<< Home