Monday, December 12, 2005

Nudge

I am alarmed at how frequently some folk say they 'hear from God'. I've been a Christian on again off again for some 32 years (hopefully more on than off -- if you're wondering, right now 'on'.)

I've prayed for a manifestation, but only felt a presence.

I've prayed for guidance, but again just a presence.

And at the most a nudge. And I'm 'feeling' that a nudge is good enough.

I feel like in my spirit God is saying or rather 'impressing' that it is His Grace towards us that keeps Him silent. I mean if we can ignore and not bother to read His written word, what would He do if He spoke to us and we ignored His spoken Word as well?

So I think His silence is His grace to us. One less opportunity to screw it up.

I took this weekend off from the Ooze, in the spirit of that silence.. and saw some pretty wild things this weekend about how one arbitrary choice can have crazy reprecussions. (Look for the mouse story)....

God I thank you for your grace, and thank you for your presence (nod to Wanderer) help me to appreciate your silence.





<< Home