Wednesday, December 28, 2005

S I N

Someone over on the Ooze made the statment:

I just don't think that Sin is the big deal that the church makes it out to be. Such talk about Sin makes me nervous

To which I replied such talk about Sin not being a big deal is what makes Me nervous!

And my friend Monty has helped me work out what I really believe.

I've concluded that my idenity as a Saint of God
only exists as I acknowledge my sin.

If I don't acknowledge and surrender the truth of my sinfulness to God there is no 'Saint' there is no 'forgiveness'.

"If we say openly that we have done wrong, he is upright and true to his word, giving us forgiveness of sins and making us clean from all evil."

If we say that we have no sin, we make him false and his word is not in us."


And I am haunted by scripture like Hebrews 12:4:

"Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."

I know you think that by my saying I'm a sinner, and saying that sin can damage my relationship with God I'm somehow not participating in our Great Redemption from Sin. But I believe the opposite. (Something that this conversation has greatly helped me to see.)

I'm redeemed from Sin. Free forever from the (eternal) Penalty of Sin. But I 'work out my salvation/sanctification in fear and trembling' seeking to overcome the Power of Sin thru the Holy Spirit.





<< Home