Monday, August 07, 2006

Transactional Christianity

I've been thinking about this alot.

The Orthodox say that those Protestants that believe in 'legal fiction'.

That Salvation is more than a transaction that occurs because of a 'sinner's prayer'.

But in thinking about being a Christian, and deciding which flavour of a Christian to be, I don't see anyone that doesn't believe in what I'm calling

Transactional Christianity.

Transaction Result

Say a prayer - you're saved

participate in the sacraments - You're saved

Say a prayer and live holy, - you're saved
obey the commandments etc.

Join the Church
& don't commit mortal sins

You get the picture. How did we end up with this transactional view of Christianity? I admit I've perhaps over simplified… and if so, how does one become/be a Christian without a Transaction?

Seraphim





<< Home